Turn your business dreams into reality with our DREAMS model
- Review clientís current business plan / budget for International expansion OR assist with creating a new business plan and budget.
- Readiness survey Ė departmental review, staffing criteria and extra workload, export handling procedures, Tís & Cís and payments e.g. Inco terms, ILOCís, IPR etc.
- Review which product or services are suitable and compatible for export into which market areas.
- Review product or service selection for export readiness and guidance on what will need changing e.g. product features, packaging etc.
- Review any current International Agreements, NDAís.
- If an International structure is in place but under-performing gather information and intelligence for problem analysis.
- Investigate and advise on best route to market(s). This may differ from country to country, it could be direct, via an agent, distributor, OEM, License, JV etc.
- Review market size, growth and acceptability for foreign products and services.
- By using our network of contacts, research available and appropriate channel(s) in various target markets. Check for a compatible match. Avoid gatekeeper or reverse engineering channel(s). Check ethics of channel(s).
- Identify the target channel(s) organisational structure and executive hierarchy.
- Research competition and pricing in target markets.
- Gather information to enable an effective cost model.
- Identify what localisation may need to be carried out on products.
- Identify warranty/guarantee regulations and obligations in territory.
- Identify if/what overseas infrastructure may be necessary e.g. it may be essential to have local support staff in territory.
- Liaise with UKTI and others about trade missions, delegations and finance benefits in chosen locations. Help secure grants and funds.
- Attend trade shows in territory (this may be to gain competitive information which may otherwise not be given the client who will be seen as a competitor or it could be to promote client products or services).
- Provide an engagement plan and map out contacts.
- Establish contact with selected target channel product or services personnel and qualify interest.
- Establish contact with target channel marketing personnel and provide a compelling value proposition.
- Establish target channel foreign product evaluation criteria and decision tree.
- Get products into target channel evaluation program and ensure timescales are solid and agreed by both parties.
- After product evaluation is complete escalate contact up the channel executive. Get client to meet and agree contracts.
- Where necessary arrange translation or interpreter services.
- Provide cultural advice, meeting protocols and business etiquette tips. Advise on order closing techniques in various countries.
- Involve client throughout the whole engagement process and understand and agree client delegation authority levels.
- Where client already has an established international business that is under-performing meet with the channel(s) and provide problem analysis, resolution assistance and an improvement plan with actions detailed.
- Assist with the preparation of Agreements, whether reseller, distribution, contracts etc. Always put targets and metrics in contracts.
- Liaise with channel affiliates in Europe - many foreign corporations have purchasing groups in Europe and try to leverage additional discounts. Understand their purchasing procedures.
- Ensure shipping and freight forwarding procedures are documented for international channels.
- Ensure Iloc obligations are strictly complied with.
- Track orders and shipments into each territory and compare achievement vs. expectation or obligation.
- Throughout the whole process, whether it be taking advantage of just one of our service offerings or a complete programme we will have one central point of contact with your organisation to manage the timely completion of tasks and deliverables and to maintain communication and updates with you.
- Additionally we do offer Interim International Management services. This could be to compliment our other services, once your global business is operational or simply as a short to medium term solution for bridging a management gap in your International business.
- Our team are very experienced executives in their own right and individuals may be available to compliment your executive board directors to bring that added value of International experience. This could be as sitting as an exec or non-exec board member.
- Once we have your global business at a sustainable level we will put in place a timely exit strategy and recommend an appropriate take-over structure .
- Advise on other potential growth opportunites.
- Assist in recruiting a take-over team of internationally experienced staff.
- Hand over to clientís new team.
- Be available to assist - post take-over.